TITLE: Support Services Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year contract with possibility of extension
Reporting to the Supply Chain Officer, responsible for procuring services (e.g. vehicle rental, photocopying etc.) event coordination and basic knowledge of visa to Thailand. Including the logistics arrangement to the refugee camps along Thai-Myanmar border.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer with dotted-line report to Administrative Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: dotted line report to Administrative Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Procurement and administrative support (50%)
- Focal point for procurement of services in relations to Country Office procurement; dealing with suppliers and services under supervision of the Supply Chain Officer
- Maintain regular contact with service providers and vendors, under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer to facilitate the procurement procedure of Thailand Country office.
- Handle the services agreement in relations to programs/payments and expense claims as required;
- Provide logistics support to projects teams for in-country traveling, accommodation arrangements and support for obtaining visas for travel incorporate with Admin Officer;
- Support Supply Chain Officer in relations to Country office asset register/record in the Stock Management system, co-ordinating with Administrative Officer on a quarterly basis;
- Dealing with Ministry of Interior (MoI) in relations to entering the Refugee Camp Pass and other Thai authorities.
- Support Technical Advisors (20%) as the administrative focal point person; handling the accommodation and housing to international staff, arranging visa and visitors (non-Bangkok based, SC country office staff and Head Quarter (HQ) staff), renewal visa and work permit by liaising with local authorities in country office as necessary;
- Event Management and Logistics (20%)
- Provide administration support to Technical Advisors as required in organising workshops, conferences which will be held in Bangkok.
- Liaise with hotel and outsourcing services as applicable.
- Facilitate processing of visa and work permit applications/renewals for international staff based in Thailand
- Provide Safety & Security briefing to participants each workshop as alternate person
- Maintain a Workshop Calendar Tracker
- Ensure a professional image of Save the Children is portrayed as the first point of contact for all visitors.
- Record Management (10%)
- Maintain electronic files of procurement and manage resources in the library and display area. Detailed Responsibilities
- Review and update Supply Chain/Procurement folders in public server in consultation with appropriate staff.
- Update materials in the display area on a regular basis
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in Logistic, Administration and Procurement)
Previous 2 - 3 year experience in an administrative role, procurement with iNGOs is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good English communications skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, and a track record of consistently delivering on time.
- Ability to manage several concurrent tasks and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team.
- High level of diplomacy and tact in dealing with a wide range of people.
- Experience with computer applications (Microsoft Office, internet) and ability to troubleshoot network, desktop/laptop and telecommunications issues.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: email@example.com
Closing date for submission: 20 December 2018
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Support Services Assistant_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant