Position Type: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: Finance Manager
Date: 5 October 2018
Deadline for Applications: October 30, 2018 (23:59 Bangkok time)
Interviews: To be held on a rolling basis until filled
Start date: December 3, 2018
About Asia Catalyst Founded in 2006, Asia Catalyst builds strong civil society and advances the right to health for marginalized groups in Southeast Asia and China. We train leaders of community-based organizations to run effective, sustainable, and democratic organizations, and to conduct rigorous human rights research and advocacy. We are an independent organization that places the needs of marginalized communities at the center of national, regional, and international policy making. We do this by providing capacity-building training and coaching to small community based organizations in Southeast Asia and China in organizational management skills, human rights documentation and advocacy, and by partnering with groups in the region to conduct research and advocacy to promote the right to health.
Asia Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer and actively attempts to recruit and maintain a diverse staff. Asia Catalyst does not discriminate based on a candidate’s age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identification), color, race, religion/creed, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, marital or partnership status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, disability, or any other classification as provided by law.
About the Administrative Officer
We seek a full-time Administrative Officer to work in our Bangkok office. We seek self-starters with a passion for social justice and rule of law who will be an active part of the organization.
* Assist in preparation and submission of government forms
* Assist the Finance Manager in preparing summary of each month organization income and expense with proper support document and help preparationfor the organization’s annual audit
* Ensure that all office paperwork and online documents, including but not limited to administrative and financial records, are systematically filed and maintained and accessible to relevant staff members.
* Manage organizational email account
* Screen incoming calls and correspondence, direct to appropriate staff
* Coordinate and participate in bi-weekly staff and volunteer meetings
* Assist program staff with travel bookings, meeting logistics, and sub-grant procedures.
* Assist with the preparation of employment contracts as needed, including translation of documents into Thai when applicable.
* Maintain inventory equipment and supplier accounts
*Experience in administrative work
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai, Chinese skill will be plus point
* Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
* Computer skills: Word, Excel, & Skype essential; Experience using accounting software and CRM systems desirable
* Experience with government filings in Thailand desirable
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org