Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract: Fixed Term, 2 Years
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 23 September 2018
Working at Oxfam is so much more than just a job. We are working together to end world poverty and injustice. If you are passionate about the role of Human Resources in reducing poverty and inequality, we would like to hear from you!
JOB PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
- To develop and deliver an advocacy strategy for Oxfam in Thailand in consultation with programme staff and partners and ensure that advocacy and campaigns work are in line with the Country Strategy and linked to the programme.
- To support alliances and partners to undertake advocacy work both at provincial and national level.
- To provide support to programme team and Country Director in policy positions, messages and assessing political risk.
- To build the capacity of programme team, partners and sector leads on policy/ advocacy/campaign work and support them to link the provincial level issues with national and global level policy debate.
- To manage and design research plans based on advocacy strategy and conduct/ commission studies to improve policies and practices that impact on the lives of poor people.
- To establish and cultivate regular contacts with key stakeholders, partners, and allies with special focus on private sectors to influence policies and practices.
- To represent policy forums and undertake lobbying Governments, key private sector players and Multilateral agencies both at country level in line with set advocacy and campaign objectives or emerging policy influencing opportunities.
- To coordinate with OI Regional Platform and Oxfam International in developing and delivering GROW campaign with a strong link to programmes on the ground and ensure the link between national and international advocacy work.
- To act as World Wide Influencing Network (WIN) focal point for Oxfam in Thailand, and work with OI Regional Platform and Affiliates to elicit appropriate support and link the campaigns with regional and global levels.
- To participate in senior management meetings, contributing to discussions and programme decision making processes.
- To ensure that gender analysis is applied across all levels of planning and delivery of the advocacy strategy.
- To manage and monitor advocacy plans and budget according to the policies and procedures of Oxfam.
Technical Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in advocacy work and proven track record in developing and influencing policies and practices.
- Proven in-depth understanding of Socio-economic development issues and Thailand’s Policy environment and
- Sound knowledge of the private sector in relation to ethical and sustainable policy and practice.
- Excellent communication and articulation skills for lobbying work and awareness of political sensitivities
- Writing skills to a standard that will pass scrutiny by high-level decision makers.
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to build linkages between micro level projects and macro level policies.
- Understanding of and commitment to diversity and women’s rights with ability to integrate gender into programmes and advocacy work
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work in a complex institutional setting.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and ability to work well and flexibly in hard-working team, while also able to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Ability to undertake extensive travel
- Educational background in Political science, Economics or Sociology
- Experience in capacity building with training and facilitation skills
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/advocacy-and-campaign-lead-int4787/9276/description/ OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number INT4787.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**
REMARK: This is a national hired post. We will be unable to provide visa and work permit to a non-Thai national.
Oxfam is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from women, minority and underrepresented groups.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.