TREAT Asia-Therapeutics, Research, Education, and AIDS Training in Asia-is a network of clinics, hospitals, research institutions and community organizations working to ensure the safe and effective delivery of HIV/AIDS treatments throughout Asia and the Pacific. TREAT Asia is searching for the following to be based in Bangkok, Thailand
Primary Function :-
Prepares accounting documentation and completes related procedures for the TREAT Asia office, including accounts payable. Works closely with and takes direction from the Director of Operations to ensure adherence to established accounting and Foundation policies and procedures.
Works with Project Management staff and the International Grants Manager in Bangkok to monitor and analyze grant and program spending. Assists in preparing TREAT Asia’s annual budget, interim and annual donor financial reports, and budgets for new activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Prepares and/or supervises the preparation and submission of purchase requisitions, check requests, purchase orders, disbursements, expense reports, petty cash replenishment, and grant payment requests, ensuring accurate account coding and, inclusion of supporting documentation prior to submission to the TREAT Asia Accounting Services Provider and New York office for processing according to standard payment schedules. Calculates withholding tax as per Thai Tax Regulations, if needed.
• Maintains accounts payable, vendor, purchase order and other grant payment filing systems for the Bangkok office.
• Maintains and updates the fixed assets inventory for the Bangkok office according to amfAR policy.
• Performs day-to-day accounting functions and assists with resolution of payment problems and accounting-related inquiries.
• Provides cross-training and ongoing guidance and support for TREAT Asia staff on accounting functions, including processing check requests, expense reports and purchase requisitions, and proper use of amfAR’s accounting codes; distributes schedules of amfAR accounting codes.
• Assists the Director of Operations and other staff to complete financial statements for annual and other necessary audits.
• Works closely with and receives direction from the Director of Operations to ensure proper monitoring of and adherence to established fiscal procedures and internal controls within the Bangkok office, including of the general ledger.
• Assists TREAT Asia staff in preparing operational, project, and overall program budgets.
• Works closely with the Project Managers and International Grants Manager to ensure proper monitoring of and compliance with regulatory and fiscal requirements associated with grant-funded TREAT Asia program activities.
• Works with the International Grants Manager to verify monthly grants financial reports received from the New York office and resolve grants payment issues and inquiries.
• Works with Project Management staff to regularly track donor and program spending. Assists in coordinating regular (e.g., quarterly) financial management meetings for program staff to monitor and manage their spending according to the annual budgets and work plans.
• Assists in preparing interim and annual donor financial reports and analyses.
• Communicates and coordinates with Finance and Accounting staff in amfAR’s New York office to resolve accounting-related inquiries, as appropriate.
• Carries out other related duties, as assigned.
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Experience: Three years of accounting/finance: accounts payable experience and experience working with an outside accounting service. Nonprofit and regulatory agency compliance experience desired.
Languages: Good written and oral English communications skills.
Other skills: Demonstrated analytical skills. Strong knowledge of MS Office software suite, particularly with Excel spreadsheets. Understanding of HIV/AIDS issues helpful.
Note: Residence in Bangkok is required; no work permit is available in association with this position.
Email your CV to Human Resources Department: email@example.com by 14 September 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Treat Asia (amfAR)
Exchange Tower, 21th Floor, Suite 2104, 388 Sukumvit Road,
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Telephone (66) 0-2663-7561 Fax (66) 0-2663-7562