Location: Mae Sot
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Thailand country program was established in 1976 to assist refugees from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia and currently assists refugees and migrants from Burma.
IRC operates one of the largest and programmatically diverse humanitarian programs providing essential services to displaced populations in Thailand. Assistance programs encompass health, education, institutional capacity building, gender-based violence prevention and response, water and sanitation, advocacy, protection and legal assistance.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer is responsible for day to day to manage IRC staff/ visitor transportation by managing driver team and vehicle schedule effectively. This position needs to achieve safety transportation and effective vehicle maintenance objectives, including support service in timely manner in compliance with IRC Thailand’s guiding principles, rules and regulations. In addition, this position is responsible to provide MST vehicle performance report by monthly basis.
- Manage vehicle and driver schedules effectively and update vehicle plan to Program teams and coordinate on weekly basis.
- Prepare travelling plan for drivers outside of Mae Sot trip by preparing travel request, cash advances and clear payment.
- Arrange rental vehicle with Programs when needed.
- Conduct regular vehicle checks (maintenance, cleanness etc.) as daily, weekly and monthly, if needed and ensure all checklists are completed in accordance with IRC Thailand vehicle policies.
- Ensure all mechanical equipments tools, first aid kits and supplies are in vehicles and in the good conditions.
Document and Report
- Prepare vehicle’s fuel and maintenance reports and payment according to IRC Logistics system each month.
- Track all vehicle registrations and insurances, and ensure all updated documents are in the vehicles (original) and a copy is update in timely on files and vehicle in timely. Act as focal point in case of Tak vehicle accidents by report to Logistics Manager, DFC – Operations and Filed Coordinator according to vehicle policy.
- Review and organize driver’s monthly timesheets - holiday and compensation and submit to Mae Sot HR regularly.
- Supervise driver team by evaluate work performance and set job objectives.
- Conduct monthly driver meeting
- Driving responsibilities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Logistics Manager
- At least certificate of diploma mechanism or above, management or relative.
Skills & Skill Level
- At least 1 year working experience.
- Effective communication skill
- Experience in supervision and staff management
- Ability to work well under pressure, good and strong decision making
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance and driving skill.
- Computer skill (Excel, e-mail outlook)
Required (including language skills):
- Be able to communicate and write in English, Thai and Burmese (prefer able).
HOW TO APPLY
Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at:Thailand.HR@Rescue.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned.
The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability.
The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.