Malteser International is a German non-governmental organization providing humanitarian assistance and development aid for people in need in over 20 countries. Malteser International is currently working with temporary refugee shelters and surrounding villages in Sob-Moei district, Mae Hong Son province in Thailand. Our office located in Mae Sariang is looking for an efficient, motivated and experienced Thai national for the position as Community Health Worker Supervisor
Community Health Worker Supervisor
Duty Station: Mae Sariang town, Mae Hong Son province
Work locations: Mae Sariang, Sob Moei District
1. Develop health promotion curricular and promotional material on primary health care relevant issues
2. Plan and organize campaigns related to disease prevention and hygiene
3. Supervise camp based CHWs and monitor their activities
4. Organize/facilitate monthly meetings and refresher training for CHWs
5. Collect camp based data and reporting on monthly basis
6. Plan, implement, and monitor health and hygiene related activities implemented by CHAG (Camp Health Advisory Group)
7. Conduct monthly Planning meeting with CHAG
8. Participation for planning and progress review meeting in camp and MSR level
9. Prepare monthly work plan and produce monthly report for product manger
10. Coordinate activities with RTG and other relevant stakeholders
Professional qualification and/or proven experience in the fields of Social Work, Education, Social sciences, Public health or other relevant field - respective diploma/degree would be an asset.
Previous experience working on CHW issues in NGO setting.
Excellent analytical skills.
Facilitation skills in related to conducting community assessment, organizing and leading workshop/trainings
Fluent in Thai and Sgaw Karen
Strong communication skills.
Strong ability to work within a team as well as independently.
Experience in working with refugee communities in complex environments
Possible starting date: as soon as possible.
Deadline for Application: 6 August 2014
Candidates should submit their application including CV, photo, copy of educational certificates, references and expected salary to: Malteser International, 234 Moo 12, Lang Panit Road, Ban Kard Sub-District,
Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son, 58110
Or submit by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be notified personal interview (Skype and telephone interview isnot applicable, Malteser International will be re-reimburse accommodation and public transport cost (flight cost not included) according to internal payment policy)