: Save the Children
: 26 May 2023
11 / June / 2023
TITLE: Support Services Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services
LOCATION: Mae Sot Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed term one year and possibility to extend
Support Services Assistant is employed to ensure smooth field office operation in Procurement, Administration, premises, IT, HR, asset, warehouse and safety and security management, with good delivery administration support to the programme in the Mae Sot with possibility to cover Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai of Thailand. The post holder also expects to support Humanitarian response along Thai-Myanmar border.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer - with dotted line management to Mae Sot Senior Field Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Housemate and Driver
Indirect: Mae Sot Senior Field Coordinator
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: provide administrative support and assisting in feed in Safety and Security information in Mae Sot, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Humanitarian response along Thai-Myanmar border. Building and maintaining good relation with external suppliers and local authorities; MoL, MoI, nine refugee camps, Temporary/holding safe area (TSA).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Administrative and Support Systems
- Leading in arrange for local camp pass in 4 provinces in close collaboration with Admin Coordinator and Mae Sot Senior Field Coordinator
- Manage office operational expenses (non-thematic cost)
- Accountable on the regular collection and dissemination of mailing and courier services as well as coordinating courier services between the Mae Sot office (Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai), and Thailand Programme Office in Bangkok.
- Ensure a professional image of Save the Children is portrayed as the first point of contact for all visitors to the office and all callers by providing an efficient, effective and courteous reception to welcome guests and visitors to the regional office.
- Answer telephone calls, exchange information, take messages for members of the team and redirect calls where team members are away to ensure effective communications in the regional team.
- Responsible on booking hotels and arrange vehicle on daily trips for staff members, assign the driver, both SC drivers and rental car drivers as per requirements.
- Support Humanitarian program response internal and external meetings, distributions kits, needs assessment as assigned by Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer
- Responsible to the Single Quotation and Simple Quotation, purchase orders and other procurement related documents (both hard copies and e-copies) to comply with documentation requirements according to SCI and donor policy
- Assist procurement activity as assigned by Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer
- Maintain regular contact with suppliers to good service delivery and value for money under supervision of the Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer/Senior Field Coordinator
- Payment requests preparation and documentation
- Assist Sr. Supply chain & Admin officer in gathering documents to record in the TIM system for receiving and releasing stock
Security and Safety
- Support to Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer to ensure that protocols and procedures are in place in the event of a security incident, from road traffic accident to other national disaster.
- Assisting for staff movement monitoring including limiting or restricting movement on location and time, accounting for staff movements and providing updated overviews of daily movement activities.
- Accountable for update an overview of all visitors to the field office, including contact information and residence
- Assist to Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer to ensure that safety and security standards and policies are consistently observed, particularly with relation to facilities hotels and vehicle safety. This includes: fire, crime, earthquake and typhoon safety, vehicle maintenance check, fire extinguishers and first aid kit, safety protocols for drivers.
- Attend local MOI meetings in ensuring an update regulation and procedure suggested from authorities
Equipment and Premises
- Record all Assets and General Programming Equipment (GPE) on the correct Register databases
- Maintain the premises, furniture, fittings and all shared equipment in a fully functioning state and replaced as necessary
- Liaised with office-based staff to collect and procure the office stocked and necessary supplies.
Communications and IT
- Day-to-day administration of shared electronic and paper files to ensure straightforward access to information
- Assist in a day-to-day IT systems support and basic troubleshooting, in liaison with outsourced IT consultants.
- Day to day management of the fleet assigned to area of operation.
- Arrange daily trips for staff members, movement of office and assign the driver, both SC drivers and rental car drivers as per requirements incorporate with Admin coordinator based in BKK.
- Work closely with driver on the safety and security matters
- Keep Record of log sheet and report to Senior Supply Chain & Admin Officer by monthly
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in Logistic, Business Administration, Finance, Accountant, Economic)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in Support Service, Supply Chain, Logistic, administrative role
- Demonstrated skills, experience at least 2 year of Logistics and Administration experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication/presentation skills, including good level of written and spoken English.
- Experience with computer applications (Microsoft Office, TEAMs, internet) and ability to troubleshoot network, desktop/laptop and telecommunications issues.
- Very good organizational and planning skills, and a track record of consistently delivering on time
- Ability to manage several concurrent tasks and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, flexible, result oriented and open-minded.
- Experience in security and safety management
- High level of diplomacy and tact in dealing with a wide range of people.
- Karen and or Burmese communication abilities
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Save the Children Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
Job Description - Support Services Assistant - Mae Sot (230002GV) (taleo.net)
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
: 02 684 1286-88 ext. 608