Job Title: Cleaner, Resettlement Support Center Asia
Band / Level / Grade: 10C
Department: Resettlement, Asylum and Integration
Location: Mae Sot, Thailand
Deadline for Application: : 8 June 2023
Founded in 1933, International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading agencies working in post-conflict and development contexts, supporting communities in over 40 fragile, failed and developing states. In this capacity, we work to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted, struggling to endure and wishing to advance on a path of development.
The Resettlement Support Center Asia (RSC Asia), funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, RSC Asia: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States. RSC Asia is based in Bangkok, Thailand, with a sub-office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Cleaner will be responsible for cleaning, housekeeping, and general maintenance of the interior and exterior of the CO-RSC areas in accordance with health and safety standards. This position reports to the Senior Transport and Site Maintenance Officer.
• Clean and maintain interior and exterior common area of RSC offices for PS, USCIS and CO.
• Dust fixtures and countertops, empty trash, and replace lights as needed.
• Ensure that public areas are clean, orderly, and well-maintained.
• Carry out necessary housekeeping duties including preparing coffee, washing dishes, maintaining water cooler and kitchen equipment, etc.
• Report on any shortages, damages or security issues to supervisor.
• Disinfecting the frequently touched surfaces (light switches, chairs, tables, door handles).
• Request supplies upon the work schedules regarding PS, USCIS and CO.
• Assist to distribute snacks or lunch box for applicants.
• Perform other relevant duties as directed by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Transport and Site Maintenance Officer Other Internal contacts: RSC staff members
Education: Certificate of Secondary education (M.3) is an advantage.
• At least three years of office cleaning experience required.
• Previous work in a multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
• Strong work ethic and positive work attitude.
• Attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions.
• Previous office cleaning experience for a large organization or company preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Maturity, positive attitude and experience working under pressure.
• Punctuality and reliability
• Time management and task prioritization
• Service minded and good team player.
• Proficient verbal and written Thai language skills required.
• Functional English skills desired.
Working knowledge of Burmese, Karen is an advantage.
The position is located at the RSC Mae Sot field office. The employee is required to adhere to “The IRC Way” for professional conduct, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant Policies and Procedures while carrying his/her duties.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to the below email.
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
วิลาศินี ศรีวงษา : ติดต่อประสานงาน - Contact
Tel : 099-014-3797
ทศพร แกล้วการไร่ : ผู้ดูแลเว็บ - Webmaster
Tel : 080-078-4016
อัฎธิชัย ศิริเทศ : บรรณาธิการ - Editor
Tel : 082-178-3849
Email : email@example.com
Office Hours : Mon-Fri , 9.00-17.00
2044/23 ถ.เพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ บางกะปิ ห้วยขวาง กรุงเทพ 10310
2044/23 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bankok 10310
+662 314 4112