Job Title: Senior Pipeline Officer
Department: Resettlement, Asylum and Integration
Application Deadline: 4th April 2023
The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Since 2005, RSC Asia has resettled over 180,000 refugees to the United States.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (RSC Asia) is funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to assist persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement to the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, the RSC: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees; and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States.
The Senior Pipeline Officer (SPO) is an integral part of the RSC Asia Pipeline team, responsible for monitoring, quality control (QC) and facilitating follow-up for the RSC Asia pipeline. The Senior Pipeline Officer (SPO) facilitates pipeline review, QC, case updates (including deferrals), and follow-ups with referring entities on behalf of refugee applicants to the USRAP.
• Maintain a senior level understanding of, and ensure all work is in adherence to, current USRAP policy and the Cooperative Agreement.
• Maintain senior level knowledge of background information relevant to specific caseloads in the RSC Asia pipeline.
• Perform advanced quality control, case updates and follow-up to unstick and/or ready cases for the next stage in processing coordinating with other processing departments as needed.
• Draft clear and concise deferrals and update START Action Items and statuses accordingly.
• Be able to use START filters to identify cases on partner holds or otherwise in need of Pipeline Team action and correctly assign follow ups to others via START.
• Assist the Pipeline Managers to monitor and/or assist in needed follow-up action needed on special caseloads, including, but not limited to Minors, P3s and FTJ-Rs, as needed.
• Assist the Pipeline Managers to monitor RSC Asia’s deferred caseload to ensure all are deferred for the correct reason and that routine follow-up is facilitated as needed.
• Ensure a high level of error detection at QC check points in accordance with USRAP guidelines and the cooperative agreement, keeping the relevant Pipeline Manager routinely aware of developments in daily caseloads, including any policy clarification needs.
• Respond to case-specific inquiries from other RSC staff, RAs and referring partner organizations as required.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor. This can include but is not limited to occasional pre-screening interviews and related follow-up with refugee applicants and could involve group or independent travel to the field.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Pipeline Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Bangkok and Malaysia RSC staff
External: RAs, UNHCR, DoHA, and local partners as required
• University degree in any field
• At least two years of relevant professional experience with data entry/management experience is required.
• Previous data collection and interviewing experience preferred.
• Resettlement processing or other NGO experience is preferred.
• Previous work in a multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to do advanced quality check on cases utilizing Tableau reports and START filters.
• Meticulously attentive to details. • Ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure and manage repetitive work.
• Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally interact with partners, beneficiaries, and interpreters.
• Excellent report writing skills; ability to produce grammatically correct, error-free reports in accordance with USRAP guidelines and the cooperative agreement.
• When required, ability to assist in providing necessary guidance and support to co-workers.
• Team-oriented yet able to think and work independently.
• Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
• High level of professionalism while carrying duties per the SOPs (ie. integrity and confidentiality).
• Ability to perform interviews and data collection through good listening and analytical skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel to and work in remote locations such as refugee camps.
Language and Computer Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
• Computer Literacy – high level of competence in Ms Office i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Proven advanced data entry skills with extreme accuracy, attention to detail, and self-checking abilities.
• Ability to type 40 words per minute.
This position is based at the RSC office in Bangkok, Thailand, but may occasionally require national and/or international travel. This position will work closely with other members of the Pipeline & Reports Team, based in Thailand and Malaysia.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply for this position via the below link:
Contact : HR Department