Program Manager (Full-time)
Starting Date: 1 May, 2023
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline: 18 April, 2023
Do you have several years of professional experience in running projects, designing events, providing policy advice and conducting research in the field of political economy and social sciences? Are you passionate about the future of work, digitization and its economic, social and societal implications? Ready to promote just energy transition and sustainable cities? Interested to explore the new geopolitics of Asia and Thailand’s role in it? Do you enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds? Are you value-driven, socially minded and communicative?
Then you could fit in well with us!
Who we are:
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is the oldest political foundation in Germany and an independent, private and non-profit organization. FES is committed to the advancement of both socio-political and economic development in the spirit of social democracy, through civic education, research, and international cooperation. Our Thailand Office has been established over 50 years ago and has eight highly committed employees.
With our work, we would like to inspire and strengthen the good relations between Thailand and Germany, Asia and Europe: by building bridges between civil society and government institutions, think tanks and academia, trade unions and businesses, opinion leaders and media. The close and long-standing cooperation with our partners in Thailand is the ground for our work. Together with them, we create spaces for public dialogue, knowledge sharing, strategizing, consulting and for the development of new ideas: in seminars, panel debates, conferences, and interactive sessions. We offer studies, policy briefs, strategy papers, information kits and online content on the topics of our work. We invite Thai experts and civil society members to participate in FES events abroad and regularly host regional and international stakeholders in our activities in Thailand. Every year, we co-organize or contribute to 40-50 such activities.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Resident Director and in close cooperation with other FES staff, the Program Manager will support us with the following tasks:
- Contribute to the Thailand project working lines (economy of tomorrow, future of work, welfare state, gender justice, climate change, geopolitics);
- Facilitate on-going communication and networking with a wide range of FES partners, stakeholders in civil society, trade unions, academia, government and think tanks in Thailand and abroad;
- Manage the projects’ planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting and evaluation (full project cycle), based on FES methodologies and guidelines;
- Conceptualize, design, organize, attend, monitor, report about, evaluate and follow-up seminars and other events within the country and abroad;
- Organize and supervise writing, editing, layout, printing and distribution as well as evaluation and follow-up of studies, publications, online-content and other information material;
- Design terms of reference for studies and publications, comment and edit the content of submitted research papers, publications and online-products;
- Plan and monitor the budgets for FES activities together with partners, and prepare vouchers for accounting according to FES financial guidelines and all other rules and regulations applicable to FES Thailand;
- Prepare and compile content and financial reports of FES activities;
- Steer and manage all activity related administrative procedures and provide guidance and support to the administrative and financial staff of FES Thailand;
- Regularly research and analyze the economic, social and political conditions relevant for FES projects, and write internal and external reports, papers and online-articles;
- Represent the FES and the project towards all stakeholders, participants and office visitors and communicate with other FES offices and projects;
- Guide and supervise assistant staff and interns.
What we expect:
- Master's Degree in social science, political science, international relations, economics or related fields;
- Minimum of five years work experience in policy research and advice;
- Minimum of five years of experience with project management in a related field;
- Sound knowledge of current social, economic and political affairs, trends and developments shaping the post Corona scenario in Thailand;
- Sound experience in writing project proposals, concept notes, terms of reference for publications, reports and briefing papers;
- Sound experience in organizing events of all types and interest in innovative, creative meeting formats;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Thai language;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, “getting things done” approach;
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills;
- Experience with social media and communication outreach;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability and willingness to travel in Thailand and abroad;
- Thai citizenship
What we offer:
- Exciting and meaningful occupation in one of the top 20 ranked think tanks world-wide (Global Think Tank Index, Pennsylvania);
- One-year-contract with option of permanent position after successful completion of first year;
- Competitive fixed salary with annual bonus and excellent additional social security benefits;
- Full-time employment (40 hrs/week);
- Collegial working atmosphere in a dynamic, dedicated and innovative international team.
Are you interested?
Please send your cover letter, CV and relevant supporting documents by Tuesday, 18 April, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org