Job title: Logistic Assistant (Sanitation)
Supervisor: Logistic Manager
Location: Mae Ramat, Tak Province
Starting date: As soon as possible
The Borderland Health Foundation (BHF) is a non-for-profit, non-religious and non-political organization, registered in Thailand. BHF links to field stations of the Mahidol-Oxford University Research Unit (SMRU Clinics) which are located in Mae Sot, Mae Ramat, Phro Phra, Tha Song Yang and Umphang districts in Tak province, Thailand. BHF works with marginalized populations along Thailand-Myanmar border by focusing on health care services and public health issues with its focus on malaria, tuberculosis, and maternal and child health.
- Lead, facilitate, set up qualified water sanitation system for used and drinking water.
- Monitor and maintain quality of water sanitation for used and drinking water.
- Lead and supervise site logistician regarding site water sanitation, quality and system.
- Lead and guide site logisticians regarding water treating system.
- Set up monitoring system for site water sanitation
- Provide training to site logistician about water sanitation as needed.
- Lead and guide site logisticians about waste water management
- Set up and monitor waste water drainage system for site clinic
- Lead and supervise waste management such as general waste, medical waste, infection waste for site clinic.
- Set up or facilitate appropriate way waste management system for unit
- Supervise and monitor toilets system
- Lead and monitor vector control system as needed
- Collaborate with relevant department such as insectarium and others for appropriate intervention as needed.
- Collaborate with maintenance and construction team as needed
- Provide or facilitate training to staff as needed
- Educated to degree level of equivalent in related field
- At least 2 year of experience in water and sanitation system
- Basic knowledge of electricity system, solar power back up system, generator system, water pump system and infrastructure maintenance.
- Good command of written and verbal English and Thai
- Burmese and Karen language skills would be an asset
- Good teamwork skills, able to build and maintain productive relationship
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated and able to work under pressure
- Understanding of humanitarian work and sharing the humanitarian values of the organization
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of day to day work and help colleagues in the organization.
- Understanding of the situation along the Thailand-Burma border and in- side Burma
How to apply
Application letter and most recent CV should be submitted to email@example.com or
The Borderland Health Foundation, 78/1 Moo 5, Mae Ramat Sub-District, Mae Ramat District, Tak Province, 63140
Deadline for application: 19th February 2023
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
BHF has a zero tolerance to sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles
ผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer