Available Position: Social Business Incubation Manager
Deadline for Applications: Monday 20th February
Start Date: Monday 27th March 2023 (or as soon as possible)
About Yunus Thailand
Yunus Thailand (YT) works as a driving force for social business in Thailand, empowering entrepreneurs to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. YT was co-founded by Muhammad Yunus, winner of the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize for his contributions in the fight against poverty and inequality. Through his work pioneering modern microfinance and launching the social business movement, it is estimated that Professor Yunus has lifted more than 50 million people out of poverty, and the microfinance and social business concepts he established with Grameen Bank have been replicated in nearly every country in the world. As a key organization within the global Yunus Social Business Network, YT is the coordinating mechanism and national touchpoint connecting Thailand with the world’s largest social business family. YT’s vision is a world of three zeros: zero net- carbon emissions, zero poverty, and zero unemployment through entrepreneurship.
Aligned with Yunus Thailand’s mission to drive the social business movement, supporting social businesses and social entrepreneurs is integral to our work. The Incubation Manager will work closely with the Youth Engagement Lead, the General Manager, and the Managing Director to:
- Oversee Yunus Thailand’s incubation program (Social Business Hatch) which includes but is not limited to:
- Program implementation duties such as implementation/coordination of technical workshops, growth, and networking sessions.
- Identify and engage experts and partners to support delivery of entrepreneur capacity building.
- Support of incubees (mentorship/guidance, entrepreneur site visits, facilitation of external support).
- Leading strategic program development to improve program outcomes, impact, and sustainability.
- Identify funding opportunities for incubated entrepreneurs and for the overall program.
- Identify and engage social business entrepreneurs for future incubation cohorts.
- Liaise with YT partners and other support organizations within the social business ecosystem to develop program synergies and enhance support to entrepreneurs.
- Develop complementary programs and initiatives including social intrapreneurship and leadership development programs.
Entrepreneurial in their own right, the Incubation Manager is expected to have a strong growth and learning mindset, as well as the ability to effectively network and integrate. They will be responsible for driving a core part of Yunus Thailand’s work in supporting social entrepreneurs and will actively contribute to expanding this work beyond the organization towards strengthening the social business ecosystem.
- Manage Yunus Thailand’s Incubation Program (SB Hatch) and update implementation strategy to ensure continuous, responsive, and impactful program delivery.
- Design and deliver incubation workshops including technical, growth, and networking sessions.
- Coordinate with key experts, resource persons, and guest speakers in preparation and delivery of incubation support.
- Support capacity building, monitor progress, and provide needs-responsive mentorship/guidance to incubees (participating entrepreneurs) towards reaching business development and incubation targets/goals.
- Network within the Thai and regional social business/enterprise ecosystem to enhance program delivery/development and build strategic partnerships.
- Identify and conduct outreach to high potential social entrepreneurs and engage them towards building a community of social entrepreneurs and strengthening the pipeline for future incubation cohorts.
- Identify funding opportunities for entrepreneurs as well as for incubation program development.
- Design and deliver complementary entrepreneurship development programs for a wider audience including youth, intrapreneurs, and professionals.
More important than experience, Yunus Thailand is looking for the right character to join the YT family. Here are some of the principles we follow which give a good idea of the work culture we practice and therefore the people we are looking for:
- PURPOSE: More than a job, we are on a common mission to create meaningful impact and make a difference.
- EQUALITY: Non-hierarchy, some people have more experience than others, but everyone has ideas and are equal in the organization to share them. Sometimes less experience means new perspectives.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: Pro-active and creative, we are constantly finding ways to provide value to those who we work with, whether that is social, environmental, or economic value to communities, clients, or partners. We also recognize we need to bring value to YT to sustain and then grow our impact.
- SOLIDARITY: We strive to create an environment where all our team members are supported not only in their professional growth, but also in overcoming personal challenges. We are there for each other through struggles or successes, and the strength of our organization lies in this solidarity.
- INNOVATION: We’re not looking to do the same old things better; we want to challenge the status quo and do new things in new ways.
- EMPOWERING: Learning and career development is an internal social mission, where members of YT should be supported to go on to do great things.
Yunus Thailand strives to support the personal and professional development of each team member. The impact the organization delivers is only made possible through the contributions of the team and the extent which the potential of each team member can be fostered. To realize this growth, we actively work with each team member on personal development plans, hold quarterly individual check-ins, and monthly skills-and-team-building events. We recognize that the work we do is much bigger than our organization and only through empowering people can we truly make progress towards achieving our mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with minimum 5-years of work experience in incubation, entrepreneurship development, and/or entrepreneurship. Relevant work experience includes as examples but is not limited to:
- Business incubation and entrepreneurship development.
- Enterprise support, particularly in the area of capacity building for early-stage businesses.
- Running and/or managing a business, particularly a social business/enterprise.
- Experience in engaging key stakeholders and establishing partnerships, particularly in the incubation and social entrepreneurship space.
- Experience in community building and management.
- Bilingual fluency in Thai and English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in Entrepreneurship and/or Social Business.
- Strong ability to adapt, problem-solve, think critically and strategically within challenging environments.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Passionate about creating social and environmental impact through work.
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as operating independently in program management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates may send in their CV with salary expectations or address any further inquiries to email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative project developerระดมทุน / Fundraisingผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project managerนักพัฒนางานเขียน / Creative content developerนักสื่อสารออนไลน์ / Online communication