Job Title: Education Officer, Urban Education Programme
Reports to: Project Director, Urban Education Programme
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
JRS has been one of the few humanitarian organizations responding to the needs of urban refugees and asylum seekers in Bangkok Metropolitan areas. Since 1990, the programme has evolved in response to the changing needs, approach, and government policies. Currently, it supports the education for asylum seekers in their lengthy wait for refugee status determination, as well as in their search for durable solutions. Emerging from service gaps and increasing needs of education for youth and adult refugees and asylum seekers within the urban context, the Urban Education Project (UEP) focuses on assisting those who are out of existing education services with language and vocational training, scholarships, and educational guidance.
The Education Officer is responsible for facilitating and designing education activities specifically related to non-formal education system. He / She will help the Project Director in implementing the daily activities of the project. He / She will work closely with UEP staff members and the Country Office in implementing the services for refugees and asylum seekers in the Bangkok area.
- Provide information and counseling and (when needed) assist students in accessing the appropriate educational opportunities.
- Support English teachers in setting up teaching activities and materials, including monitoring and evaluation of the classes.
- Demonstrate as a positive model being in charge and supporting the teachers.
- Design and organize educational and peer-support activities.
- Identify the education and support needs among urban refugees and asylum seeker communities and the educational facilities, so the needed assistance is delivered appropriately.
- Support team in conducting monitoring, coaching and evaluation of JRS education activities in the urban context, offering recommendations and technical input when necessary.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing accurate data, systematic filing and offering recommendations based on the data analysis.
- Provide refugees and asylum seekers with information on successful educational strategies and management systems (best practices) to develop and strengthen an effective and coherent collective education framework among local education stakeholders.
- Identify information and training opportunities for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Respect and consider cultural differences in all decision-making by ensuring community responsibility and participatory approach.
- Actively participate in regular partnership meetings with stakeholders.
- Collaborate to ensure good communication and trusting relationship between JRS and stakeholders, in a supportive and cooperative fashion.
- Actively contribute, through practical and technical support, to capacity development of local stakeholders in organizational management and value formation.
- Support active stakeholders’ decision-making, capacity development and responsibility.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other JRS team members, CBOs and NGOs especially those working in this urban context.
- Support the direct implementation of activities in all areas of work whenever possible.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with the team.
Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter and CV (including 3 references) with front picture and address how you satisfy the criteria described above. Applications are be sent to this email address: email@example.com Early applications are
encouraged JRS advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Process is open until Wednesday 15th of February 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer