Title: Partnership Finance Consultant
Total number of Consultants: One
Country Program: Thailand
Contractual Period: February 15, 2023 – June 14, 2023
Application Deadline: 6 February 2023
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devas-tated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and cur-rently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Partnership Finance Consultant will be responsible for the following:
1. Collaborate with Partnership Unit in developing/verifying partners’ financial reports
2. Carry out partners’ record verification as per work schedule
3. Coordination with Partnership Unit and partner organizations in developing and finalization of project budget
1. Develop partner verification schedule on daily basis
2. Identify and document risks and concerns and advise on area for improvement when per-form verification visit
3. When partners submit their reports, prepare Journal Voucher (JV)for partner liquidation per IRC partnership accounting policy
4. On a daily basis act as Finance focal point for review on Partnership Unit Payment Request before submitting for financial review per authorization matrix
1. Financial reconciliation reports
2. Journal Vouchers
3. Partners’ Risk Register
PAYMENT RATE AND SCHEDULE:
• Total lump sum payment to be paid upon work deliverables on monthly basis.
• Payment will be made by bank transferred to consultant upon submission of the deliverables to IRC’s satisfaction and presentation of the invoice
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Over five years of experience in management of partners record, provision of hands-on support to partners in design/development budgets, financial reporting and management of an effective verification with all key staff members including those based in country office and field offices.
• Experience with various PC and financial related software (e.g. spreadsheets, etc.)
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staff, man-agement, and employee
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Very strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organized, and hands on experience with high achievement
• Deadline oriented
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and cv to the below email:
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org