Agricultural Development and Commercialization (ADC)
Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen, Thailand
MI is an intergovernmental organization that contributes to regional cooperation and integration through capacity development, dialogue, and advocacy for the acceleration of sustainable socioeconomic development and poverty alleviation in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
Founded and represented by Cambodia, P.R. China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam, MI’s strategies are aligned with the core tenets of the GMS Cooperation Program Strategic Framework 2030, ASEAN Economic Community, and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
MI supports these frameworks through the implementation of projects across the areas of Agricultural Development and Commercialization, Trade and Investment Facilitation, and Sustainable Energy and Environment, while addressing issues of social inclusion and vulnerability, digital economy and innovation, and labor mobility to cement holistic and sustainable development impacts in the subregion and beyond.
Program Coordinator, Agricultural Development and Commercialization (ADC) Department
Under the supervision of the ADC Director, the Program Coordinator is expected to possess the skills to deliver the following:
- Project Design and Development – conceptualize and prepare/develop project proposals for external funding
- Project Implementation - work with the Program Team to deliver, monitor, and coordinate project activities (research, training and other events), including project budget management
- Project Outreach and Promotion – lead the creative conceptualization and development of quality communication and promotional materials for ADC, for specific projects and project events
The Program Coordinator performs three important roles:
- Work with the Program Team to lead and deliver capacity development activities, monitor the activities for data collection purposes, and coordinate follow-up activities.
- Manage the creative conceptualization of communication and promotional materials for ADC events (write, proof-read and edit), for specific projects and for project events.
- Take the lead or support GMS-focused research on emerging issues related to ADC priority areas.
Main Deliverables, Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and implement projects
- Facilitate working relationships between donors and implementing partners
- Delivery of content in capacity development activities, when needed
- Timely submission of project and activity reports
- Monitor and consolidate data of project activities for inclusion in MI’s organization-wide M&E system
- Write case studies and impact stories related to the project
- Contribute to research projects, as required
- Demonstrate knowledge acquisition of overall ADC content
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate the implementation of capacity development activities such as workshops, structured learning visits, seminars, among others
- Serve as Team Leader or Lead Facilitator by working closely with thematic experts to (a) develop session plans and materials, (b) facilitate learning activities, and (c) synthesize and evaluate training sessions or modules
- Design evaluation forms for activities, administer pre- and post-tests, as well as submit information in the online evaluation system in coordination with the M&E Officer
- Devise budgets for project activities
- Disburse activity budgets and report expenditures according to MI procedures
- Develop project completion reports and evaluation reports
- Conduct post-activity follow-up actions in accordance with MI standards and donor partners
- Contribute information and write articles on ADC projects for the MI website and institutional publications such as Mekong Connection, etc. and other collaterals
- Coordinate and support research processes undertaken in collaboration with local partners on emerging issues related to ADC for case studies/impact stories, and policy dialogues
- Other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Master’s degree in agriculture, development communication, rural development, climate change, sustainable food systems, or any other related field
- Strong proficiency in technical report and research writing in English
- Experience in conceptualizing projects and webinars related to sustainable food systems, food security, food safety, and climate-resilient supply chain
- Basic understanding of technical concepts related to project management
- Minimum of three years’ experience in (a) implementing projects; (b) designing and implementing capacity development activities, particularly as a coordinator/facilitator; and (c) conducting research studies and surveys
- Proven skills and experience in the facilitation of capacity development activities
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrates excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work with others in a multicultural setting
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of technical issues relevant to agricultural development and commercialization, and agri-food supply chain in the GMS, ASEAN and global context is an advantage
- Willingness to travel to GMS countries, when required
* Initial contract is one-year with possible extension based on performance and availability of fund.
If you have the skills and experience to exceed in this position, and are passionate about equitable and inclusive economic growth in GMS, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2023, titled ‘ADC Program Coordinator’.
Please note that the closing date is midnight Bangkok, Thailand time and only applications successful in progressing to the next stage will be responded to.