Title: Consultant - On Call Contract Interpreter
Total number of Consultants: 5 contractors
Duration: On call, depending on program activities
Application Deadline: 3 November 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises,
helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated
by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40
countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen
their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides
assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Scope of work
The contract interpreter will perform consecutive interpretation and written translations in support
of RSC activities, including casework and cultural orientation.
• The contractor will provide language support to RSC activities primarily in the following languages:
Burmese and English at the location and rate agreed upon when the assignment is offered.
• The contractor will complete all required training and orientations prior to beginning work.
• The contractor will agree in writing to adhere to IRC mandatory reporting, confidentiality, and
communications policies, as well as the Interpreter Code of Conduct, and will inform the IRC of any
deviation from these policies.
Payment Rate and Schedule:
The Service Fee for all services rendered shall be as follows. Contractor must provide satisfactory proof
of address to the IRC prior to the start of an assignment in order to claim a remote worksite pay rate.
Any other rate of payment must be approved in writing by both parties prior to the start of the
1. Working at or within 25 km of residence of record: 1,800 Baht/day
2. Working at a remote worksite on a day-trip (at least 25 km one way from residence of record): 2,000 baht/day
3. Working at any remote worksite with an overnight stay (at least 75 km one way from residence of record): First day: 5,000 baht/day; all subsequent days: 3,000 baht/day.
3.1 Contractor shall submit an invoice and timesheet signed by the IRC supervisor for service fees.
3.2 Contractor shall submit their timesheet and invoice on the 5th and 20th of each month for all work performed in the corresponding period. Payment will be made by bank direct deposit on the 15th and 30th of each month, provided that IRC reserves the right to investigate any questionable invoice, and IRC shall have the right to withhold payment indefinitely, until such invoice is approved by IRC. It is recommended but not required that interpreters open a bank account at Kasikorn Bank for payment purposes.
3.3 Contractor shall fulfill all required tax registration and shall provide all such registration information and documents to IRC, as IRC may reasonably request. In paying Contractor’s invoice, IRC may withhold for taxes as may be required by law, and shall provide withholding certificates to Contractor, accordingly.
• Perfect command of the following languages: Burmese and fluent English.
• Professional-level writing skills in Burmese and English;
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive matters.
• Mature and good team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s degree an advantage but not required.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of
Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values,
the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child
Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in
Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR Department
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org