The ICRC Regional Delegation seeks to fill the following position:
Field Officer (Karen Speaking)
Based in Chiang Mai (Mueang District)
In this position, you will be expected to call upon your skills and your talent to foster and maintain relationships with a wide array of external contacts, local communities, Myanmar ethnic groups and NGOs in view of strengthening the ICRC’s position in the northern border provinces and assist the organisation fulfil its mandate. Within this dynamic and international context, we are looking for a Field Officer to join our Chiang Mai team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Monitors humanitarian situation of Karen, Karenni and Mon States.
- Maintain networking with Karen, Karenni, Mon, CBO and NGO interlocutors along the Thai-Myanmar border.
- Carries out standard verbal and written translations.
- Prepare situation analysis and submit report of meetings.
- Visit and interview weapon-wounded patients when needed.
Your education and experience:
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- University degree or at least High school or vocational backgrounds in relevant field.
- Good computer skill.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Capacity to propose pragmatic solutions.
- Able to drive in the field.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translatorนักวิจัย / Researcher