Title: Temporary Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Assistant
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Report to: Senior Casework Manager
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for resettlement to the United States, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Over the years, IRC has processed some half million refugees worldwide for U.S. resettlement. Based in Bangkok with offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (RSC) assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to those refugees bound for the United States.
The RSC Temporary Assistant will support the Casework team through the provision of basic clerical and administrative tasks related to Pre-USCIS cases. This will include scanning, data entry, filing, copying, and printing of documents to further USRAP processing.
Scan and attach file documentations into Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS)
• Perform quality check on scanned/attached documents for accuracy (complete, legible scan with correct naming convention and document types) and ensure all required documents in physical file are available in WRAPS.
• Assist with document management, including printing, copying and filing.
• Ensure all documentation are in the appropriate order before returning it to the library.
Deliverable: Complete scanning and attaching a minimum of 15 cases per day
Duration of Work: 19 April 2021 to 02 June 2021
Education: Minimum Upper Secondary School (Matthayom 6) Degree
• Data entry into a database experience required.
• Experience with common office equipment including scanners, copiers and printers required.
• Strong data entry experience
• Experience in quality control of documents for accuracy (complete, legible scan with correct naming convention and document types)
Languages and computer skills:
• Fluent English communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
• English typing speed: 40 WPM minimum
• A police clearance issued within the last two years is required for this position.
The most recent resume along with a cover letter should be submitted to Thailand.HR@rescue.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 25 March 2021
Contact : +66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336