SENIOR PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
DAI (Thailand) Ltd, an international consulting firm, is recruiting a highly qualified and motivated person to work as Senior Program Development Officer, with a focus on data management, on the USAID-funded Together program in Thailand. Based in Bangkok, the period of employment for this position is approximately 1.5 years with possibility of extension. The position is open to Thai Nationals only.
Initiated in August 2018, Together is a four-year program that works with the Royal Thai Government to strengthen its capacity to engage and communicate with citizens, increasing its ability to effectively address citizen concerns and strengthen social cohesion. Together collaborates with CSOs to improve their capacity to advocate for public interests and work with government to develop solutions to common challenges. Through its partnerships and activities, Together expands the space for dialogue and reconciliation, and facilitates the growth of attitudes, networks, and mechanisms that nurture peace, tolerance, and responsive governance.
- Work closely with partner CSOs in the North, Northeast and Deep South to provide technical support and build staff capacity to collect, manage and analyze data in support of advocacy campaigns and activities to raise public awareness on key themes and issues.
- Strengthen partner CSO capacity to effectively use online and computer-based data management tools for visualizing and mapping quantitative and qualitative data for use in public communications activities.
- Work closely with partner CSOs to design innovative data management strategies and provide mentoring support in implementing the strategies and associated activities to fulfill organization goals.
- Work closely with partner Royal Thai Government agencies at the province- and district-levels to design and conduct short surveys, interviews and focus group discussions on citizens’ needs and perceptions, and analyze resulting data, in support of efforts to better communicate with and serve the needs of citizens.
- Design and deliver workshops, training courses and mentoring programs for partner CSOs and Royal Thai Government agencies at the province-level on data collection, management, analysis, mapping and visualization topics.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience working with or supporting private sector, academic or CSOs to collect, manage and analyze data in support of management and technical functions.
- Strong proficiency with a wide range of online and computer-based data management, visualization and mapping tools, applications and software, and ability to instruct others to use them.
- Demonstrated experience assessing CSO capacity to collect, manage and analyze data and designing and facilitating training courses and mentoring programs to strengthen weaknesses.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and to work collegially and collaboratively with other staff and other organizations and ability to work with groups and individuals across the political spectrum at local and national levels.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation and communications skills. Fluent English and Thai reading, writing and speaking skills.
- University degree and specialized training in related topics.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (both in English) to ThailandRecruitment@dai.com by 12 March 2021.
Please specify the position title in the subject line of the transmittal email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.
นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerกราฟิก / Computer Graphicผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager