Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Program Officer
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI)
Vacancy Announcement: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Program Officer
for Thai Nationals ONLY
NDI works with democrats and democratic institutions in every region of the world to build political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, promote citizen participation, strengthen openness and accountability in government.
Founded in 1983, the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to strengthen and expand democracy worldwide. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., NDI maintains offices in over 65 countries on four continents. In Thailand, NDI implements programs designed to facilitate interaction between citizens and Members of Parliament at the national level; and, CSOs, political parties and elected representatives at the local level.
NDI seeks committed and qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Program Officer to implement program activities and perform monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tasks for programs managed by NDI in Thailand. The position reports to the NDI Resident Director. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to conduct each essential duty and possess the required skill set and experience. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Assist in implementing seminars with MPs and parliamentary staff, election candidate forums, and multi-stakeholder forums in various regions in Thailand;
● Support the Bangkok-based team, in coordination with the D.C.-based Asia M&E Manager, in identifying, developing and utilizing performance monitoring tools and systems to strengthen program management and donor reporting;
● Assist in drafting reports on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis;
● Draft program success stories for submission to the donors;
● Provide assistance on program proposals, including designing relevant activities and developing M&E plans, logical frameworks, and performance monitoring plans;
● Work with the Bangkok and D.C. teams to respond to donor requests for data, quarterly reports, evaluations and data quality assessments;
● Liaise with the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure that all program activities, administrative and financial processes follow NDI procedures and finance policies;
● Translate materials and interpret for meetings from English to Thai and vice versa, as needed; and
● Performs other tasks that arise based on the needs of program and supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● University degree in political science, statistics, international relations, social science, or related subject;
● Minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience related to designing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on domestic and/or international development programs, preferably for an international non-governmental organization (NGO).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Experience in supporting international development programs and familiarity with donor M&E requirements preferred;
● Must be proficient in managing data in Microsoft Excel, Access or other types of databases, as well as creating charts, graphs and other visual presentations in PowerPoint;
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
● Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with cultural sensitivity;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Thai required.
● Experience in working with government institutions or political parties, and familiarity with the political situation in Thailand preferred
● Skills on social media management preferred
● Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Access preferred;
● Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc.) required; and
This position is open to Thai nationals only. The anticipated start date will be in July 2020.
The position is full-time and based in Bangkok. Interested candidates should send a CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 15, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and suitable candidates may be contacted before the deadline.
Contact : email@example.com