The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok Office seeks to appoint a:
Title: Administrative Officer
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 193 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises, and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) covers four countries namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam and operates as one joint team to support each country’s National Society and partners.
The Support Services department covers all traditional support services functions including the Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Logistics, Information technologies (IT), Legal support and Security support. All team members cooperate closely to provide efficient support services based on Federation’s standards of quality, competitive cost and time criteria. All team members deliver efficient support services to various stakeholders at all levels in the CCST such as all programme teams, Federation’s visitors, Partner National Societies, National Societies and country teams.
The Administrative Officer provides cost effective day to day quality administrative and logistics services that enhance the work efficiency of the CCST, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies and regulations. He / She delivers administrative and logistics services with accuracy, timeliness and with cost efficiency.
He / She contributes to the achievement of the Federation’s Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Direct line manager of the Office Cleaner;
- Ensure enough coaching and guidance is provided;
- Ensure that the Office cleaner delivers the assigned work in a timely manner, within the budget and with good standard of quality;
- Responsible for maintaining updated and accurate job description of the Office Cleaner;
- Responsible for yearly appraisal and objective setting of the Office Cleaner.
- Handle office assets including keeping an accurate inventory database, conduct quarterly stocktake and verify that office equipment inventories are well stored and maintained.
- Follow up the office stationeries and pantry stock cards to ensure accurate monitoring and timely replenishment.
- Prepare or review the request of payment for office bills (telephone, utilities, IT maintenance, stationeries, etc).
- Liaise with the building manager for office related support.
- Responsible for the renewal of Office and Assets insurance and manage claims if any.
- Responsible for telecom adequate annual registration (satellite phones).
Executive support to the Head of CCST
- Administrative support to Head of CCST and other duties as assigned by the Head of CCST.
- Conduct the procurement for the office: prepare or receive purchase requests, requests for quotation to suppliers, competitive bid analysis, purchase orders, in compliance with IFRC procedures.
- Issue or renew service agreements with suppliers: office/houses/car lease agreements, office/vehicle/assets insurance contracts, service agreements with travel agents, designers, printing companies, etc.
- Load contracts in IFRC system (e-contract) and monitor the approval workflow until signature of contracts.
- Maintain the supplier database (accurate).
- Assist and advice program staff on programmatic procurement on a case-by-case basis.
Transportation and travel arrangements:
- Book flight tickets or contract transportation services for staffs and visitors as required.
- Book hotels or accommodation as required.
Workshops and meetings:
- Support the organization of regional meetings, events or workshops upon request: identify venue, liaise with hotel, organise transportation, accommodation, share welcome pack, purchase stationeries or IEC material, monitor budget, etc.
- Support the organization of staff meetings including taking and distributing minutes of meetings.
- Work with strict compliance to IFRC procedures and to audit recommendations.
- Abide to the fraud and corruption policy and to internal controls in place.
- Work closely with all teams
- Additional duties as assigned by the Support Services Manager.
- Provide assistance in case of long-term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure support services’ continuity.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Degree in Administration or Professional Secretarial certifications or other equivalent qualification.
- Professional experience in administrative and clerical procedures or in support services
- Professional experience in purchasing, procurement
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Filing, paper management, sorting, and general organisation skills
- Customer service skills
- Excellent computer literacy, speed and accuracy (MS Office/Excel/Power Point/Word)
- Time management skills
- Fluently spoken and written English (excellent spelling skills and an ability to draft texts)
- International applicant, should hold a valid work permit or residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates, please apply directly through IFRC's website from the link below;
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 26 May 2020
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
Contact : email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer