The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team Bangkok seeks to appoint a:
Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The IFRC Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) covers four countries namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam and operates as one joint team to support each country’s National Society and partners. The Support Services department covers all traditional support services functions including the Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Logistics, Information technologies (IT), Legal support and Security support. All team members cooperate closely to provide efficient support services based on Federation’s standards of quality, competitive cost and time criteria. All team members deliver efficient support services to various stakeholders at all levels in the CCST such as all programme teams, Federation’s visitors, Partner National Societies, National Societies and country teams. The Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Finance Manager and follows the technical direction of the Regional Finance Unit Senior Finance Analyst.
The mission of the Finance Officer is to provide cost effective day to day quality finance services that enhance the work efficiency of the CCST, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies and regulations.
He / She contributes to the sound financial management of the funds spent by the delegation by observing strict compliance to all Finance Procedures and to all Finance Audit recommendations.
He / She contributes to the achievement of the Federation’s Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
Accounting and monthly closing
- Verify correct budget codes, amount and correct accounting (CODA) documents are used for all transactions. Perform the month end closing of accounting books (completeness, accuracy and timeliness required).
- Prepare and verify balance sheet reconciliations at month end and ensure all signatures are obtained for approval.
- Prepare and verify monthly invoices to partners under service agreement (Integration Agreement).
- Prepare reconciliations each month including Balance Sheet accounts
Treasury management and payments authorization (petty cash and bank)
- Undertake petty cash transactions (payment and receipts) for THB currency and ensure documents are stamped “paid” once paid.
- Making sure cash box is kept in the safe every day and combination locked.
- Ensure sufficient original supporting documents, programme managers approval and compliance to IFRC finance procedure are all in place before making cash payment.
- Undertake cash counts and reconciliation to journal balance daily.
- Process cash payments without delay.
- Monitor cash forecast.
- Prepare all payment batches in e-banking system and submit to Finance Manager for validation.
- Monitor cash flows and cash control management THB and CHF, monitor bank balance and treasury forecast
- Verify and process all the request for payments (RFP), Travel Claim, request for reimbursement, transfer to National Societies for bank payment according to the Federation policies; ie: ensure they are approved by the program manager, the funding availability, using correct coding, attached with valid supporting documents (purchase request, quotation, competitive bid analysis, purchase order, contract, goods received note) etc.
- Liaise with the bank, payment investigation, sent the payment information and any necessary
- Inform partner and supplier when the payment is made
- Prepare forms for modification of bank signatories and submit to Finance Manager.
- Update supplier list in e-banking system and cross check the accuracy of suppliers’ information with Supplier Registration documents and with Accounting (CODA) supplier list.
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare or review and compile regional budgets and financial plans.
- Prepare and update PEAR forms.
- Prepare documents for cash forecasting in CODA
- Prepare standard financial reports to the organisation and to donors (movement of funds, cash pledge reports).
- Work with strict compliance to IFRC procedures and to audit recommendations.
- Support the Finance Manager to respond to audit recommendations and queries.
- Abide to the fraud and corruption policy and to internal controls in place.
- Contribute to the dissemination of IFRC Finance and procurement procedures among all teams (IFRC, PNS, NS).
- Work closely with the Finance counterparts in the National Society, Country delegations and Partner National Societies.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Provide assistance in case of long-term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure support services’ continuity.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Diploma or degree in finance and accounting
- Certified accountant (prefer)
- 3 years’ experience in finance and accounting roles
- 3 years’ experience in budget management (prefer)
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Advanced analytical skills (financial analysis)
- Self-supporting in windows standard programmes and expert in excel
- Skills in time management
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Fluently spoken and written English
- International applicant, should hold a valid work permit or residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates, please apply directly through IFRC's website from the link below;
- Cover Letter with salary expectation
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 5 April 2020
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
Contact : 02-661 8201 - HR
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier