JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Specialist, Non-communicable Diseases, Better Health Programme Thailand: across-pillars
REPORTS TO: Country Technical Lead
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Specialist, Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs), Better Health Programme (BHP) Thailand. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Better Health Programme (BHP) Thailand is a 3.5-year programme funded by the UK Government’s Prosperity Fund and aims to reduce non-communicable disease (NCD) burden in Thailand by improving access to safe, quality care using equitable, ethical and sustainable approaches. The programme will accomplish this through the implementation of a set of activities in the following areas: 1) NDC Strategy (strategies to counter NCDs); 2) Health Education and Training; and 3) Provider Performance Improvement. Under the direction of the Country Technical Lead (CTL), the Senior Technical Specialist, NCDs will lead NCD strategy in planning, coordinating, and engagement programme activities to ensure effective delivery of the BHP Programme in Thailand.
- Contributes significantly to the implementation and monitoring overall technical strategy for NCD Strategy
- Works with the Bureau of Non-communicable Diseases at the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), Thai Health Foundation and other government agencies to formulate an evidence-based strategy to reduce sodium consumption
- Works with the MoPH, Food and Drug Administration and Ministry of Industry to develop an industry engagement strategy that will facilitate greater collaboration in addressing NCDs
- Facilitates cross-learning between UK, international, and Thai experts to strengthen collaboration and improve communication and industry engagement approaches to counter NCDs.
- Provides ongoing technical support to MoPH and other government agencies to implement communication and industry engagement strategies to reduce sodium consumption
- Supports the NCD Pillar Lead to carry activities and deliver results for NCD strategies initiatives, including document reviews, data analysis and reporting writing.
- Collects, collates, compiles, and analyzes information relevant to NCD strategy and the programme
- Supports the CTL administratively and technically to produce high quality reports and other programme documents for submission to clients.
- Provides support to programme management such as troubleshooting, updating work plans, coordinating travel arrangement and monitoring program activities.
- Works closely with the BHP team to ensure activities are implemented according to the programme terms of reference.
- Coordinates engagements with government and other stakeholders, including making necessary logistical and programmatic preparations and documenting engagement outcomes.
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses and summary reports and document lessons learned as requested.
- Must have at least eight years of relevant social marketing and health communication experience in Thailand (experience in NCDs is preferable)
- At least a master’s degree or its international equivalent in communication, marketing, public health, or related field
- Demonstrated capacity to advise on, design, and implement social marketing and health communication programmes (experience in programmes related to food consumption preferable)
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with high level of strategic partners and others would be an asset
- Previous experience engaging or partnering with private industry to address public health and/or development challenges
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency or private organization
- Strong organizational and programme management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experience working with stakeholders including government departments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing; and
- Fluent in written and oral Thai.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
* Please send covering letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org *
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Contact : email@example.com / Tel: 02 2635273
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager