Internews is seeking an External Evaluator to conduct a final evaluation for a project that seeks to promote fundamental freedoms of speech, association and peaceful assembly, human rights, and the free flow of information online in Thailand. Throughout the project, Internews and local partners have worked on raising awareness among Thai Internet users about threats to digital privacy, and sustainably improving the digital literacy of journalists, civil society, and the general public. The External Evaluator will report to the Asia Program Officer and collaborate with Regional M&E Specialist to design, manage and collect qualitative and quantitative data for the final evaluation of the project. The Final Evaluator will liaise with program partners, beneficiaries and Internews staff to collect this data and prepare a final evaluation report.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct final project evaluation with intermittent support from the Regional and HQ M&E and program staff.
- Assess performance of the project in terms of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability.
- Assess the quality of sub-grantee activities to ensure they are meeting deliverables and measure the impact of their activities.
- Conduct a follow-up lessons learned workshop with project trainers, journalists, CSOs and influential stakeholders to inform best practices for future trainings.
- Work with implementing local partners to gather data and social media analysis of digital literacy campaign and freedom of expression grantees.
- Analyze underlying factors beyond Internews control that affect the achievement of the project results.
- Provide recommendations for potential future interventions.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, evaluation or related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience conducting evaluations, particularly for USAID or DRL donors;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods;
- Experience in conducting mid-term or final project evaluations and reporting; Experience conducting these evaluations in the context of media development preferred.
- Fluent in English; Thai language is a plus.
- Excellent inter-cultural communication skills/cultural sensitivity and the ability to forge strong cross-cultural relationships and build trust demonstrated through previous intercultural experience;
- Strong facilitation, presentation, writing and communication skills, including solid English writing skills to a publishable standard.
- Experience working with Thai journalist and CSO communities.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good-humored, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES and REQUIREMENTS
Interested parties should apply to email@example.com.
Applications should include the below documentation.
- A 2-3 page statement of interest/draft proposal, highlighting how your methodological approach will address the scope planned for this evaluation as well as describing how your profile meets criteria
- A CV and 2 recommendations
- Evidence of evaluation work (e.g. link to evaluation reports or PDF attachments), highlighting evaluation theories and approaches.
- A short cost justification (not included in the 2-3 page limit) – including your salary history and/or daily rate for your last 3 consultancies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of computer terminal and reading printed and electronic materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat and regularly exposed to the risk of radiation from regular exposure to computer VDTs.
Work hours are moderately flexible, but generally, Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
The above-noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantนักวิจัย / Researcher