For its office in Mae Sot, Handicap International (HI) seeks a:
Disability Social Inclusion (DSI) Project Officer (Male/Female) – Thai citizens only
The deadline for submission of applications is February 26th 2020 at midnight Thailand time.
Handicap International that runs its program under the operating name Humanity & Inclusion (HI) seeks for a Disability Social Inclusion (DSI) Project Officer in Thailand. Based in Mae Sot, the DSI PO will supervise activities in Mae La temporary shelter.
HI reserves the right to not accept applications submitted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for testing and an interview.
Global objective of the position:
The DSI Project Officer is based in Mae Sot and supervises DSI activities in Mae La temporary shelter, under the supervision of the DSI Project Manager. His/her mission is to implement and manage Disability Social Inclusion activities and to enhance capacity of DSI Camp Based Staff to ensure the quality of the DSI services.
Responsibility 1: Plan, monitor, implement the DSI activities and ensure quality
- Assist the DSI project manager in formulation and development of the project planning document,
- Produce monthly work plan based on project planning and report achievements during weekly team meeting.
- Support the DSI project manager in determining appropriate methodology to be used in the project.
- Remain overall responsible at the field level for the proper implementation of the DSI project objectives.
- Contribute to the identification of the tools needed for implementing the project activities and to their development, review and adjustment.
- Support the DSI project manager in developing a participatory monitoring and evaluation (PME) framework, methodology and related tools.
- Support the DSI Project Manager in identifying and mobilizing any technical or documentary resources or additional skills for guaranteeing the quality of the project.
- Prepare the purchase requests and ensure that supplies/ material/ equipment needed for the activities are sufficiently available for the smooth implementation.
- Collect at field level project data’s, check its reliability, compile into monitoring tools and use the data to analyze the performance of project’s activities and provide recommendations.
- Report to his/her line manager and provide information for internal and external reports.
Responsibility 2: Empower, build capacity and coach camp-based staffs, Self Help Group (SHG) on DSI activities
- Participate to the recruitment process for the camp-based staffs under his/her responsibility and train them.
- Build the capacity and coach the DSI camp-based staff and Self-Help Group.
- Carry out assessment of his/her team members as per the guidelines.
- Identify potential stakeholders with whom partnership can be developed in DSI activities, maintain the networks and working relations with the stakeholders/partners at the field level in order to strengthen the HI current actions.
- Participate actively to camp coordination meeting, including with Thai authorities.
- Prepare and participate to donor visit.
Responsibility 3: Ensure communication, networking and coordination at field level for DSI activities
- Ensure that the internal regulations, operating procedures and security rules are applied within his/her team at the field level.
- Is responsible for good internal communications, maintain good team spirit and the efficient circulation of information among the camp-based staff, SHG and other HI projects’ teams.
- Communicate the DSI project achievements and contribute at the regular coordination meeting, and other coordination meetings with the project team.
- Link with the HR & Admin. team to obtain permission from local authorities for persons and materials to enter the camps when required.
- Enhance HI’s visibility in the refugees’ camp network, and NGOs.
- Organize events around DSI activities for mass awareness.
- Organize groups discussion with different target group for information exchange on thematic issue about DSI.
Education level/Professional experience
- University degree in the field of community development, social work, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience working with NGO's or grass root organizations.
- Practical experience in working with vulnerable groups and local authorities is mandatory, especially people with disability.
- Experience in conducting training (material development, training facilitation) and on-the-job capacity building of community workers.
- Fluent in Thai and Karen is a must.
- Good written, read and spoken English. Burmese language is an asset.
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office Pack (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Ability to work in a team and to perform multiple tasks respecting deadlines.
- Independent, organized, prioritization and problem-solving skills
Local work contract, fixed term duration contract (with possibility to be extended based on funds availability and performance)
Remuneration: Starting from 24,645 Baht - depending on the experience of the candidate.
15 days of annual leave, 5 working days office closure in December, 15 days of public holidays, 5 days special leave for family event, Social Security & Worker Compensation Fund, life & health insurance, phone card credit, end of year bonus, seniority of 2% after the 1st year of employment and training possibilities.
Starting date: 5th March 2020
How to apply: Applications (cover letter, CV, copy of Thai ID card, educational certificate, training certificate) should be submitted to the following: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, including in the email subject: “Project Officer - DSI”.
Only candidates who passed the administrative selection will be taken into consideration for a technical assessment and will be afterwards notified of the final decision. Selected applicants may be invited for an interview. HI reserves the right to contact the applicants for further information before the final selection of the selection committee.
Handicap International encourages qualified persons with disabilities or chronic illness and women to apply.
HI is committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults from harm. All staff are expected to comply with the Child Protection, PSEAH Policies. Employment is subject to our protection standards including background checks and adherence to our protection policies and Code of Conduct
All information shared by the applicants remain confidential
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer