Position: Field Facilitator – Thai National only
Deadline: 9 December 2019
Organization: Right To Play Thailand Foundation
Work location: Bangkok
Right To Play is a global organization that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using the power of play. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of 2.3 million children each year using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Right To Play has been operational in Thailand since 2002. Visit us at www.righttoplay.com
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP methodology and tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness.
The position is based in Bangkok. The position is also expected to provide support to other projects of Right To Play in Thailand from time to time, as deemed necessary by the Program Manager or Country Director.
- Activity planning and implementation
- Ensures participation of partners, children/young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
- Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal facilitates their activities and reports to the project officer.
- Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments, and trainings.
- In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
- Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
- Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
- Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
- Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the project officer.
- Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
- Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
- Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the project officer.
- Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
- Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
- Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country and Regional Office on project progress.
- Submits financial reports related to activity implementation
- Ensures partners and Coaches are in compliance with Child Safeguarding Policy
- Establish and maintain partnerships.
- Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective Field.
- Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
- Supervision and guidance
- Conducts performance assessment of Coach Trainers and Coaches and recommends incentives based on the approved incentive criteria.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners, Project Officer and the Field Facilitator implement a Coach Incentive system.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential Coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
- Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required (must have):
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, sport science, education or other related discipline.
Required (must have)
2 years of experience working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai
- Understanding of child and/or adult education
- Understanding of the concept of Sport for Development
- Understanding of child safeguarding, child rights and child protection
- Understanding of a community-led process
- Experience in conducting and monitoring trainings and activities
- Experience in working with communities
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Coaching and feedback skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong development and team building skills
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: 1 January 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Field Facilitator, Open Goals” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
For more information, please visit: www.righttoplay.or.th
Contact : email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer