Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Nurse
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification: General Service Staff (G5,THB 74,905.75 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, Until 14 September 2020 with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 November 2019
Reference Code : SVN057/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
In coordination with the project team in Bangkok, under the direct supervision Project Officer, the successful candidate will implement and coordinate health care support for minority groups from Myanmar as well as other vulnerable migrants detained in Immigration Detention Centres, Shelters for Children and Families, Welfare Protection Centre for Victims of Trafficking and other locations in Thailand.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct regular health check-ups, provide medication, and conduct regular nutritional assessment for minority groups from Myanmar and other vulnerable migrants, as well as screening for communicable and non-communicable diseases among new arrivals in Immigration Detention Centres, Shelters for Children and Families, Welfare Protection Centres for Victims of Trafficking and other locations in Thailand.
- Coordinate with Migration Health Department (MHD) of IOM Thailand to conduct health assessment, medical screening of migrants for resettlement, and other medical examination of Emergency and Post-Crisis (EPC) Unit’s project beneficiaries in Thailand.
- Ensure that the referral and treatment of urgent medical cases is addressed by identifying the available facilities and procedures, in coordination with the Thai Immigration Bureau (TIB), Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS), and Provincial Public Health Office (PHO) counterparts and local hospital representatives.
- Liaise with the TIB, MSDHS, and PHO counterparts and local hospital representatives to ensure the continued diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of urgent medical cases among for minority groups from Myanmar as well as other vulnerable migrants in temporary detention.
- Establish and regularly update individual case’s medical files and Migrant Information Application (MIA) database.
- Ensure surveillance for communicable diseases and the timely notification of TIB, MSHDS and PHO medical personnel for identified cases, including cooperation and participation in outbreak response.
- Provide regular updates on the support provided (number of patients, diagnosis, treatments, follow-ups, results, etc.) to the project staff, including updates on any issues affecting or related to the implementation of the support.
- Report regularly to the project staff regarding the material and service needs of the project beneficiaries, with a particular focus on medical needs, but also including food assistance, water and sanitation, hygiene, shelter and non-food items.
- With the support of an interpreter, deliver various health related awareness sessions to the project beneficiaries.
- Assist EPC’s administration and finance by processing PRs and official request letters relating to health assistance.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Nursing with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- High school degree with at least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Clinical experience.
- Valid nursing license.
- Computer literate.
Excellent command of Thai and English.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by November 19, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN057/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 05.11.2019 to 19.11.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer