Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Project Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G5,THB 74,905.75 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, Until 30 September 2020 with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 November 2019
Reference Code : SVN056/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the successful candidate will contribute to the 1) implementation of material and service support to minority groups from Myanmar and other vulnerable migrants in Immigration Detention Centres, Shelters for Children and Families, and Welfare Protection Centres for Victims of Trafficking in Thailand and 2) implementation of the project “Supporting National Level Migration Health Coordination Mechanisms in Asia”.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Material and Service Support to Vulnerable Migrants:
- Assess the material and service support needs in various project locations in terms of health assistance, supplemental nutrition, non-food items (NFIs) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) support.
- Assist Project Officer in the implementation of projects, which can include drafting and informal translation of official/unofficial written documents, assistance in organizing workshops, meeting and conferences, conducting monitoring and evaluation, preparing presentations, drafting meeting minutes, etc.
- Regularly liaise with relevant stakeholders, including the Royal Thai Government counterparts, UN agencies, NGOs, and CBOs, to coordinate on-going interventions between the actors.
- Support the delivery of material and service support to minority groups from Myanmar and other vulnerable migrants, which includes preparing purchase requisition forms, payment requests, IMPREST clearance, and cash advance requests, in coordination with Procurement and Finance Units.
- In coordination with the project team, ensure that the donor’s visibility requirements are met and executed including any communications activities that may be requested.
- Regularly update Migrant Information Application (MIA) database.
- Conduct field visits to various locations when deemed necessary.
Support National Level Migration Health Coordination Mechanisms:
- Assist the Project Officer in facilitating national and regional workshops on migration health in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health and other key governmental actors, as well as UN agencies, civil society and development partners.
- Assist the Project Officer in liaising with key stakeholders – governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental – to contribute to the establishment of health coordination mechanisms at the national level and development of national action plans for addressing migrant health.
- Prepare regular updates, programme summaries and other relevant info materials and statistics, according to the specific project needs.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in International Relations, Social Science, Public Health or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant work experience
- High school degree with at least five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in migration or humanitarian issues with non‐governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions.
- Familiarity with computer programmes, including MS Office programmes.
Excellent command of Thai and English.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN056/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 05.11.2019 to 19.11.2019
Contact : email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant