Winrock International is looking for assistance with development and redesign of in-house applications for few business functions: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), volunteers data management, etc. The two main roles we envision to support this effort include a Sr. Software Engineer to analyze, design, develop and provide initial application support and a Business Analyst/Project manager to gather the requirements, document the processes, conduct the project implementation and deployment.
The engagement will be managed by Winrock ICT Department and working in close cooperation with ICT Technical Lead based in Manila and functional leads in the respective business teams world-wide.
The job descriptions for the consultants we expect to be utilized as part of this engagement are below:
Business Analyst/ Project Manager
The Business Analyst/Project Manager will be the lead in organizing and performing the business analysis and project management activities related to the development of an in-house applications for different business areas: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Volunteers Technical Assistance (VTA), etc. In this capacity, the role will gather, review, document and analyze business/functional requirements, document existing processes, facilitate user acceptance testing and conduct user training as well as the project planning, design, implementation, testing, and close out. The responsibilities will include the management of the development team (one or two Software Engineers) and the interaction with the business stakeholders (M&E Managers, Data Collectors, Project Associates, etc.). The position will report to the Director of Corporate ICT and follow the Technical Lead guidance.
- During the initiation phase, define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather, understand, document and analyze their needs and requirements.
- Conduct project planning and design by creating schedule, project timeline, etc.
- Conduct the project implementation and deployment, identify project risk, track deliverables, present to stakeholders the project progress, escalate to Director of Corporate ICT and Lead Developer issues related to the project scope, time and budget.
- Implement and manage changes when necessary to meet project goals.
- Conduct status update and manage project communication plan.
- Develop, distribute and clarify use cases and scenarios during project’s implementation, ensuring any challenges are understood and resolved.
- Analyze and make improvement recommendations to business processes, application features, data changes and to resolve defects or enhance business capabilities for the assigned projects.
- Create and maintain various project reports and assist with analyzing the results.
- Plan and conduct project quality assurance by performing system testing.
- Create documentation, user manuals and training materials
- Conduct the application trainings.
- Perform reviews and analyses of current business processes, ongoing or one-time operational issues and active projects using operational metrics and reports and recommend optimization strategies.
- Prepare business and technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and relevant business trends to support ICT and business strategic planning, initiatives and projects
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team. Construct workflow charts and diagrams; study system capabilities; write specifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved policies and procedures
- Suggest changes to management using analytics to support team recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes. Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Collect, define and analyze business and functional requirements, anticipate needs, uncover areas for improvement.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders Assist with project progress monitoring by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Develop, distribute and clarify use cases and scenarios during project’s implementation ensuring any challenges are understood.
- Perform user acceptance testing as part of the project implementation effort
- Provide support to end user for all processes, reports, financial models and dashboards
- Design and conduct application audits and create customer feedback mechanisms to gather ongoing information about projects post implementation or business processes. Analyze results and create plans to address weaknesses.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- Strong Project Management foundation knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Business and Process Analysis best practices (e.g. Business Analysis Body of Knowledge v3), techniques and tools, and project management methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the Agile Methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of software development processes
- Knowledge and understanding of data collection and analysis techniques and tools
- Communication Skills - Must have a strong command of English language, both in oral and written communications and must be able to convey and articulate opinions, cascade accurate information and technical work requirements in a manner that can be understood by all types of internal clients.
- Analytical Skill - Must have a strong problem - solving skill to get to get the root cause of issues and resolve them and must have solid organization skills with the ability to analyze data.
- Self-learning and Self-Upskilling Attitude - Be able to upskill oneself to the needed technology to deliver value to the organization need and provide up-to date solution in technology.
- Problem Sensitivity Aptitude - Must have the ability to identify potential problems or setbacks, evaluate the situation and provide probable solution.
- Information Ordering Skill - Must have the ability to organize thoughts critically and methodically when faced in unfamiliar problems, uncertainties, questions or dilemmas.
- I am Competent - I have specialized knowledge in the areas assigned to me and demonstrate this expertise to others within the institution.
- I am a Team Player - I work cohesively towards achieving our common goals. I create a positive working atmosphere and support my teammates. I offer my individual strengths to enhance Winrock's overall team performance.
- I am Quality Driven - Strive to excel, to stand out and to surpass the expectation of business partners, while listening to their needs and deliver on that by doing it right the first time.
- I am Responsive - In every interaction with my business partners I’m always clear about how responsive I’m going to be. I understand how responsive others need me to be. I express how responsive I want others to be. I am proactive when I can’t respond in a timely manner.
- I am Ethical - The performance is in accordance with the rules and standards of the profession, Winrock's ethics and values, and in support of Winrock's mission.
- Customer Focused - I understand who my business partners are, and I am obsessed about exceeding their expectations with each interaction.
- A Professional - I conduct myself in a professional manner at all times, I get the job done, I’m reliable, and keep my promises. I manage expectations early on in order to avoid unreasonable demands.
- Bachelor’s degree in in business/computer science/data management/statistics or related field or an MBA.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Data management and analysis certification is a plus
- 7+ years’ proven experience in business analysis or a related field.
- 5+ years’ proven experience in project management.
- 3+ years of leading a project
- 5+ years of proven experience creating use cases, process maps, project plans.
- 5+ years of managing multifunctional teams.
- 3+ year of working on development projects
- Advanced technical skills.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience giving presentations.
- Excellent written and oral English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Self-driven personal approach and conflict resolution experience
- A positive and resilient mindset
- Result oriented
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures development
- Experience in preparing documentation
- Experience in conducting training
- 4-6 months with possibility to extend
- Mid shift (4 pm – 1 am Manila time)
- On site
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Consultant - Business Analyst/ Project Manager in the subject line to Careers.PH@winrock.org by November 22, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Contact : Careers.PH@winrock.org
ไอที / ITที่ปรึกษา / Consultant