Project Manager (ผู้จัดการโครงการการสนับสนุนงานด้านหลักนิติธรรม)
ABOUT THE TIJ
Building on Thailand’s engagement in the UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice, Thailand Institute of Justice (TIJ) was established in 2011 with the aim to promote excellence in research and capacity-building in the area of criminal justice. The institute serves as a bridge that transports global ideas to local practices. The primary objective is to promote the implementation of United Nations Rules for the Treatment of Women Prisoners and Non-custodial Measures for Women Offenders (the Bangkok Rules) as well as other United Nations standards and norms related to women and children in contact with the criminal justice system.
As a member of the United Nations Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme Network Institute (UNPNI), TIJ also gears its work towards important cross-cutting issues on the United Nations agenda such as the rule of law, sustainable development, human rights, peace and security. At the same time, it works toward enhancing domestic justice system and the rule-based community within the ASEAN region.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The core functions include, but not limited to, the following:
(i) Research – undertaking special research projects and programmatic activities as guided by the Executive Director and the Advisor for ASEAN Affairs in such areas as restorative justice, transnational organized crime, ASEAN affairs and other emerging issues;
(ii) Information – monitoring and analyzing trends/developments related to the rule of law, crime prevention and criminal justice at the international, regional and national levels, recognizing the synergies between the 2030 Agenda and the ASEAN Vision 2025; and
(iii) Speechwriting – acting as a clearinghouse for all Departments/Offices in preparing and editing speeches, articles, briefing / written materials for the Executive Director and other executives so as to assure quality and coherence of the products;
- Provide inputs to the Director of the Office of the Executive Director on strategy and management in such areas as restorative justice, transnational organized crime, ASEAN affairs and other emerging issues and preparation of materials as required for the functioning of the Office of the Executive Director;
- Provide leadership and guide programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Unit such as preparation of budgets, programme proposals and progress reports, memos, and management of human and financial resources;
- Provide substantive leadership for the conceptualization, planning, implementation and coordination of evidence-based research and a variety of capacity building activities for national and regional criminal justice institutions such as the ASEAN Conference on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (ACCPCJ);
- Promote evidence-based research on but not limited to restorative justice, transnational organized crime, linkages between the rule of law, crime prevention and criminal justice and development, as well as other emerging issues;
- Provide substantive inputs to senior management for national and regional meetings / conferences on issues related to but not limited to restorative justice, transnational organized crime, linkages between the rule of law, crime prevention and criminal justice and development, as well as other emerging issues;
- Coordinate with the UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific on joint projects and initiatives;
- Foster coordination and collaboration with relevant PNIs, research institutes, academia, and ASEAN Member States, intergovernmental agencies including UN agencies, donor countries and civil society under the scope of work of the Unit;
- Represent the Institute at national, international and regional meetings/conferences on substantive and programmatic issues and provide expertise on issues related to crime and development. These may include UN Commissions, UN Expert Group Meetings, and ASEAN Senior Officials Meetings; and
- Draft and edit speeches, articles, op-ed and other written products for the Executive Director and other executives; and
- Additional assignments by the Executive Director, the Advisor for ASEAN Affairs or the Director of the Office of the Executive Director, as appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume indicating the position title to email@example.com
Or should you need any further information, please visit our website at http://www.tijthailand.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org // 021189400 ext 123