Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Field Assistant
Duty Station : Mae Sot, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (UG), (THB 18,000 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, 6-month with possibility
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 October 2019
Reference Code : CFCV049/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Global Fund (Malaria) Field Coordinator and general supervision of Project Coordinator, the incumbent will provide assistance in coordination and implementation activities associated with the Global Fund RAI2E Project.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist the Field Coordinator (FC) to set up the Community Health Worker and Volunteer teams in coordination with local Provincial Health Office and Community level;
- Participate and represent the project in provincial, district and agency meetings, workshops and other conferences, as directed by FC.
- Assist with ongoing technical trainings, supervision and management of Community Health Workers and Volunteers in planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting activities such as community outreach, health campaigns and/or support to services provided at health facilities in target areas.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in collecting information that would contribute to preparation of regular project reporting on achievements, problems encountered, pertinent developments and strategic needs.
- Assist in preparation and timely submission of monthly field reports used to properly monitor the project implementation progress.
- Support and perform worksite mapping survey in target villages to identify detail, needs and gaps for project implementation planning.
- Assist in maintenance of a clear and updated LLIN inventory, and LLIN storage conditions at each site follow GF guidelines; assist in the management of LLIN distribution to target areas.
- Provide assistance to the FC to support development and implementation of Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) strategies for identified risks populations by oversight of community health workers and volunteers
- Assist local community leaders/employers and local health authorities with development, establishment and organization of community mobilization as a mechanism for periodic meetings and community mobilization campaigns at local level.
- Maintain good records of field implementation and draft field reports as well as minutes of meetings/trainings/workshops.
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Academic background in Law or International Relations or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and reliability in time management and schedule organization
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and respect of diversity
- At least 2 years work experience in migrant issue for non-governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions
- Sound knowledge of program implementation and evaluation and familiarity with financial and business administrations
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Team-work oriented, capacity to work independently; sensitive to gender issues, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels
- Ability to drive 4-wheel-drive vehicle and possess a driving license for private vehicles is a strong advantage;
- Computer literate
- Fluency in Thai and good command of English. Ability to communicate in Karen, Burmese or Shan is an advantage
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by October 15, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code CFCV049/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 01.10.2019 to 15.10.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer