Vacancy – Consultant for Review of Strategic Plan 2016-2020, and Formulation of Strategic Plan 2021-2025, Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- About Mekong Institute
Mekong Institute (MI) is an intergovernmental organization (IGO) founded by the six member countries of the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS), namely Cambodia, P.R. China (Yunnan Province and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region), Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. Mekong Institute was established under the Memorandum of Understanding between the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade; and the Thai Department of Technical and Economic Cooperation (presently known as Thailand International Cooperation Agency - TICA) in August 1996. MI provides, implements and facilitates integrated human resource development (HRD), capacity building programs and development projects related to regional cooperation and integration. MI works with and through various local government authorities, development partners and local organizations to deliver, implement standardized and customized learning programs, workshops, seminars, policy consultation, and research and development projects.
- Purpose of the Consultancy
MI is currently in the 4th year of implementation of its Strategic Plan 2016-2020. Hence, it is essential to review the existing strategic plan and to formulate the next strategic plan for 2021-2025. MI wants to hire consultant(s) to conduct the review current strategic plan and to formulate new strategic plan. The consultancy work will be conducted in two phases with two main broad objectives:
- Phase 1: Review of Strategic Plan 2016-2020
Main Objective 1: To review the contents of Strategic Plan 2016-2020 and recommend for possible changes/adjustments in new strategic plan 2021-2025, based on desk research and consultation with all relevant stakeholders of MI.
- Phase 2: Formulation of Strategic Plan 2021-2025
Main Objective 2: To formulate MI Strategic Plan 2021-2025, based on desk research and consultation with all relevant stakeholders of MI.
- Major Deliverables of the Consultancy
The consultant(s) is expected to deliver the following:
Phase 1: Review of Strategic Plan 2016-2020
- Inception report (consisting findings of desk research/literature review, selection of methodologies, required data collection tools and detail workplan) on review of strategic plan 2016-2020;
- Draft report on review of strategic plan 2016-2020; (reporting format and required contents will be agreed jointly, prior to commencing the assignment)
- Final report on the review of strategic plan 2016-2020;
- Raw data, audio recordings and transcripts of the recordings of survey/interviews.
Phase 2: Formulation of Strategic Plan 2021-2025
- Draft strategic plan 2021-2025 (25-35 pages);
- Final strategic plan 2021-2025;
- Theory of Change/Results Framework/Results Chain (as appropriate) for Organization and Program Departments based on the new strategic plan;
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Framework for the new strategic plan;
- Organizational Structure required for the implementation of the new strategic plan;
- Risk Analysis Framework for the new strategic plan.
NB: All data and reports need to be submitted in English language (both hard copy and electronic copy- as applicable).
- Eligibility Criteria of Consultant(s)
MI will consider the following aspects in selecting the consultant(s) for this assignment:
- Significant experience of consultancy works on organizational strategic planning and development;
- Significant experience in conducting review/evaluation for both programs and organizational strategies;
- Significant experience in developing organizational MEL System and formulation of Theory of Change/Results Framework/Results Chain;
- Significant experience of working in Greater Mekong Subregion and in-depth knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and issues in GMS related to the focused areas of Mekong Institute;
- Excellent level of proficiency in English language (both writing and speaking);
- Excellent level of proficiency in reporting and communication skills.
- Bid Submission
Submit expressions of interest by October 10, 2019. This EOI should include:
- Cover Letter (maximum two page);
- Technical Proposal (maximum 5 pages) which should include:
- Understanding of the assignment;
- Review of literature on methodology and execution process for organizational strategic plan review;
- Detail workplan (breakdown of each step of the assignment);
- Reporting outline for review of MI strategic plan 20162020, which includes section, sub-sections, contents as well as data analysis and findings presentation technique under the respective section;
- Evidence of relevant experience of the consultant(s);
- Evidence of appropriate legal affiliation/entity;
- Profiles/Resumes of the personnel/experts to be involved in the assignment.
- Financial Proposal (maximum one page): detail breakdown of cost estimates for services rendered. This should include, but not limited to, human resources cost, and accommodation and living costs; transport cost, stationeries, and supplies needed for data collection and reporting.
Term of Reference is available at the following link on website of Mekong Institute:
Interested firms/organizations/individual consultants should submit the proposals to Mekong institute by email to email@example.com
You may find the MI Strategic Plan 2016-2020 from the following link in the website of Mekong Institute:
Please note that only applications successful in progressing to the next stage will be responded to.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org