TITLE: Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications & Media (ACCM) Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Development and Quality
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1-year contract with possibility of extension
The role of the Advocacy, Campaigns Communications and Media Coordinator is to support the development of, and coordinate the implementation of, campaign communications strategies, media engagement plans, digital and social media strategies, visibility and communications plans for programmes and Save the Children’s brand roll-out.
The post holder will lead the production and development of communications and campaign materials that are necessary for communication with the public, donors, stakeholders, government, beneficiaries and Save the Children staff members. S/he will seek and leverage collaborative and influential actions with the local and internationally-based media outlets in Thailand, to boost the public profile of Save the Children in Thailand.
The Advocacy, Campaigns Communications and Media Coordinator will ensure smooth flow of information and stories from the field to the Bangkok office, ensuring that products are made available in Thai and English across all platforms, including One Net, website, Facebook, and ACCM workplace for internal purposes. The post-holder will be in charge of the development of written, multimedia and digital assets, that will positively represent the work of Save the Children both externally and internally. In addition, the ACCM Coordinator will project-manage the organisation of events as required by his/her line manager. S/he will also support ACCM manager on advocacy issues as directed.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: ACCM Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None. May sometimes coordinate consultants or interns.
Role Dimensions: Regularly in contact with external advocacy, campaign and communications staff, local implementing partners, ACCM cluster country team, Save the Children staff from global and regional teams. Liaise and support project specific campaign.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Produce accurate, clear and consistent information and communications outputs that highlight the development situation in Thailand, including case studies, feature stories, and blogs
- Produce visually appealing and brand-aligned external marketing materials for all sectors and programmes that have requested it.
- Ensure all materials are printed and designed according to Save the Children’s brand guidelines.
- Lead in the development of multimedia materials, including photos, videos, infographics, animation, etc.
- Support the development and production of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for specific projects as required.
- Develop communications plans for each project and ensure roles and responsibilities for implementation of the plan are agreed and clear.
- Keep all social media and web sites updated; actively participate in social media conversations on the situation in Thailand, through Facebook and other outlets.
- Ensure high standard external representation of Save the Children through marketing materials and the management of Save the Children’s website.
- Proactively seek out communications opportunities to showcase Save the Children (and its consortiums and fund management teams) programme successes, both internally and externally.
- Ensure high-quality internal communications materials across our internal channels. Promote sharing, learning, and interactive dialogue among staff.
- Support the development of program proposals and budgets where they relate to communications activities.
- Coordinate or support the organisation of external events for the Country Office as required
- Work closely with ACCM manager to ensure alignment of advocacy priorities and effective campaign communication strategies
- Provide direction and guidance to design, plan and deliver Save the Children’s campaign efforts popular mobilisation events, high level advocacy events, online presence and media collaboration.
- Be the country focal point for the Save the Children global campaigns and other global/regional campaign requests
- Undertake ‘Reactive Campaigning’ in response to current events as required, in line with global guidance
- In collaboration with the MEAL team and project staff, establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for campaigns and ensure that implementation and impact are effectively monitored and evaluated
- Regularly engage the local media to raise Save the Children’s public profile and spread messages that can influence policy makers and the public.
- Produce and ensure the quality of media engagement materials, including media packs, press releases, and information sheets
- Responsible for preparedness and readiness to crisis communication under global guidelines both in an emergency or unexpected event
- Produce key messages for spokespeople across all programs in Save the Children as required
- Oversee regular media monitoring of the local media on what is being reported on key issues related to children and Save the Children
- Oversee and coordinate (if necessary) media field visits with program teams
- Lead media and communications in emergency situations, producing high quality materials, communicating the situation for children on the ground, and ensuring accurate and concise situation reports and dashboards.
- Deploy in the event of an emergency if necessary to gather necessary content.
- Lead in national and international media engagement in emergencies in Thailand, including acting as a media spokesperson.
- Build capacity of programme staff and partners to understand and implement communications, branding, campaigns and media engagement
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values and principles such as Child Rights, child safeguarding and gender equality
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – empowering them to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Openly shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values and respects diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, active listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor Degree in journalism, communications, visual arts, fine arts, or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in traditional and digital media services, communications, advertising, media management, event management, digital marketing, public relations, or any related field. Experience of leading or implementing strategic communications campaigns. Experience of working in related human development issues especially one or more of Save the Children’s sectors (i.e. child poverty, child protection, child rights governance, education, health and nutrition, child safety) an advantage
- Thai national
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to uphold all Save the Children policies and procedures, especially with respect to Child Safeguarding, anti-harassment, counter-fraud, and safety & security
- Ability to speak confidently in front of the media, donors and senior staff
- Ability to deliver key messages and creative briefs to the media
- Good eye for details; page layouts, design and an experience proof-reader is a plus
- Good understanding of social media engagement and key components in brand management
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good network management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team working.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Excellent Thai and English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements
Additional job responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR; 02-684-1286 to 88 ext.608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerกราฟิก / Computer Graphicผู้ช่วย / Assistantนักกิจกรรม / Activist