Vacancy at Protection International: PROTECTION OFFICER
Protection International aisbl (PI) is an International NGO based in Brussels which aims at contributing to the improvement of the protection of human rights defenders throughout the world, through developing their capacity to manage their own security as they struggle against impunity and develop their activities in favour of a sustainable peace and justice in their respective countries or regions. PI seeks to contribute to a situation where human rights defenders are recognized as legitimate actors for social change and to an environment where they can effectively exercise their rights to defend universally recognised human rights. To this end PI is implementing a worldwide Protection Programme for Human Rights Defenders, and has established Protection Desks in partnership with local partners or Regional Offices.
Protection International is an equal opportunities employer and fights against all kind of discriminations.
Further information on PI can be found on www.protectioninternational.org
With a view to extending its financial capacity, PI is looking for a Protection Officer, who would work under the direct supervision of the PI Rep Thailand and working closely with the other Protection officer and Finance Officer.
- Conduct the workshop and training with women/human rights defenders by using participatory methodology
- Identify target groups/organizations/individual defenders for capacity building and conduct a needs assessment;
- Liaise with human rights defenders and organizations on the development of training content aimed at building their capacity in security management and protection;
- Develop capacity building materials, methods and adapt the PI training manual according to specific requirements of the local context;
- Write capacity building reports including an evaluation, provide any recommendations for its adaptation and indicate follow up interventions to be undertaken;
- Contribute to the development of the security plan, implement it, update it and abide by it;
- Commit to confidentiality with regard to internal issues;
- Work with the PI Representative on developing documents for use in external advocacy;
- Contribute to the compilation of the annual work plan and monitor progress of its implementation in collaboration with PI Representative;
- Draft periodic reports under supervision of the PI Representative for strategic use by PI;
- Undertake research on issues related to improved security management and protection by W/HRDs for strategic use by PI;
- Contribute to regular data analysis for the identification of lessons learnt;
- Contribute to improving or drafting PI policies and programmes;
- Contribute to writing for the website;
- Capture lessons learnt and best practices in W/HRD protection in suitable formats and share within PI for internal learning and strategic use with external stakeholders;
- Liaise with NGOs and international organizations working towards the protection of HRDs;
- Undertake advocacy activities at local, national, regional and international level;
- Contribute to the analysis of the political context in any given area where PI works or plans to work;
- Monitor the security and safety situation in the countries where PI works with regard to the situation of human rights defenders;
- Work as a team member and actively support the achievement of collective goals and professionalism in line with stated rules and specific global and individual achievements as stated in the work plan;
- Work in line with provisions stipulated in PI’s human resource policy;
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in in project management, monitoring and evaluation, protection of human rights defenders, advocacy work, training facilitation, communication and/or fundraising with strong focus on Human Rights Defenders; preferably with an international non-governmental organization;
- Experience in human rights work in Thailand or the region
- Excellent level in Thai and English (written and spoken)
- Proven ability to write proposals, elaborate reports and budgets and to meet tight deadlines are an asset
- Proven ability to project management and of organizational skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and a respect for diversity in the working environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- University Degree in a relevant domain like Human Rights, Law, Psychology, Social Science ect.
- Experience with local human rights organisations
- Experience in an international work environment
Send your resume, contact details of 3 references of your line managers from the former organization or work places and a motivation letter (English only) before 20 September 2019 to the following email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org making mention of ‘Protection Officer ’ in the subject line.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter (in English, no longer than two pages, incl. salary expectations)
- Curriculum vitae (in English, no longer than 2 pages)
- 3 reference persons (short-listed candidates’ reference persons will be contacted)
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit applications: September 20, 2019 at 5pm Thailand time.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. Interviews are planned from 23 to 30 September.
Contact : email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer